Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy 2019!!! New Year-New Resolution

New Year's resolutions- really??? Most of the time these go by the wayside after the first week- UGH! But this year, I have decided to make one that I just might be able to keep
 In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero, which can be translated as "Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow (the future)". The ode says that the future is unforeseen and that one should not leave to chance future happenings, but rather one should do all one can today to make one's future better. 

2018 was quite the struggle- I lost three very dear friends and saw their lives taken away way too soon. ): My heart has been reflecting on this and I know that I have no control over my expiration date, but I do have control over how I live (or accept) every day going forward! I am going to (as best as I can) live in the moment, be happier, less stressed and hopefully create joy for those around me. Wish me luck on this resolution, it truly is one that I would love to accomplish.
 
Have a blessed and safe New Year! May we all have peace, good health, fulfill our resolutions and prosper in all areas of our lives! God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek at my blog :)